On this page are listed out books and other materials that I use to learn from, to teach, to come back to when I need inspiration, and to string the threads of my writing practice together in one single place. I hope you will find this useful.
- Dhora Amahd, Rotten English
- Toni Cade Bambara, Gorilla My Love
- Paul Laurence Dunbar, The Complete Poems of Paul Lawrence
- Langston Hughes, The Collected Poems of Langston Hughes
- Zora Neal Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God
- William Faulkner, Absalom Absalom!
- Gayl Jones, Corregidora
- Toni Morrison, Beloved
- Toni Morrison, What Moves in the Margins
- Toni Morrison, Playin in the Dark
- Tracy K. Smith, Duende